SANDPOINT, Idaho - The body of a 56-year-old Bonner County man missing since last month has been found in the Cabinet Mountains in northern Idaho not far from a burned-out vehicle he is thought to have been driving.
The Bonner County Sheriff's Office tells the Bonner County Daily Bee that searchers located the body of 56-year-old Philip Anthony Patterson on Tuesday in a heavily wooded area.
Authorities say the cause of death hasn't been established, but an autopsy is planned.
Authorities say a tip led to a fire-damaged Nissan Altima that Patterson might have been driving when he disappeared on April 6.
Bonner County Sheriff's Lt. Ror Lakewold says an investigation is considering the burned vehicle.
He says possibilities include a crime, vandalism or a mechanical failure that caused the fire.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line