COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - One person is dead and a home was destroyed by fire near Wolf Lodge Bay Friday afternoon.
The house, located at 2525 S. Searchlight Lane north of Wolf Lodge Bay was fully engulfed when fire crews from Idaho Department of Lands arrived.
Emergency responders were called to the home on reports of a gunshot heard by a neighbor followed by smoke coming from the home around 2:15 p.m. Deputies arrived a short time later and were unable to approach the house due to ammunition cooking off inside.
Fire crews could not save the residence, and had to stand off from the house because of the exploding ammunition. When they were able to go inside they found a badly burned body.
Several hours earlier deputies had served a temporary restraining order to the occupant of the home, which ordered him to leave the residence until there was a hearing on the restraining order.
It will take several days to identify the remains found in the home.
No one else was injured.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school