BOISE, Idaho - A 61-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 12 in northern Idaho near the Montana border is closed due to avalanche danger.
The Idaho Transportation Department says the highway is closed Thursday between Pete King Creek Road and Parachute Hill Road.
That's a section of road beginning about 24 miles east of Kooskia and extending to near Lolo Pass.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods