BOISE, Idaho - A 61-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 12 in northern Idaho near the Montana border is closed due to avalanche danger.
The Idaho Transportation Department says the highway is closed Thursday between Pete King Creek Road and Parachute Hill Road.
That's a section of road beginning about 24 miles east of Kooskia and extending to near Lolo Pass.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives