COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A juvenile female runaway from Arizona taken into custody by police in northern Idaho slipped her handcuffs, crawled through a divider and drove off in a squad car.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office says deputies and Idaho State Police on Thursday evening pursued the stolen patrol car through Coeur d'Alene and south on U.S. Highway 95 before taking the girl back into custody after she drove up a dead-end road.
Lt. Mike McFarland of the sheriff's office says no one was injured during the pursuit.
He says a license plate reader on Interstate 90 identified a plate associated with two juveniles reported as missing or having run away from Chandler, Ariz.
Police stopped the vehicle at a rest area and put the girl in the back of a patrol car.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday