COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Coeur d'Alene High School officials in northern Idaho say abortion protesters plan to demonstrate near the school Monday.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that Principal Warren Olson on Friday sent a letter to parents telling them about the plans of the Abolitionist Society of North Idaho.
The society is part of a group called Abolish Human Abortion, which wants to eliminate abortion without exception.
In the letter, Olson says students will be asked not to engage the demonstrators on the public right of way in front of the school. The school says the group is likely to hold signs and hand out fliers with graphic images.
Group member Scott Herndon says members plan to also demonstrate at Post Falls High School, probably within a month.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home