SPOKANE, Wash. - The Abolotionist Society set up a protest outside Coeur d'Alene High School Monday morning.
The group says they are there in an effort to educate young women about abortion. They held up signs and passed out informative pamphlets, targeting young women age 14 to 18.
The group says young women will be the ones to make the final decision about getting abortions.
In response to the protests, Coeur d'Alene High School increased their police presence.
The school informed students and parents that the group would be there, and said they are legally allowed on the sidewalk outside the school.
The group says they will be there until Thursday when students are entering and leaving the school.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River