COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Five people are behind bars for an aggravated assault incident in Coeur d'Alene on Sunday night.
According to a press release sent out Monday, Coeur d'Alene Police officers were called to McEuen Park at 10:45 p.m. Sunday for a report of "six males wearing face masks, dark colored clothing, and carrying weapons, who were harassing people in the parking structure and the parking lot of the library."
As soon as officers arrived, the six suspects ran off. Three of them were located near the pavilion. Two others ran to Tubbs Hill. The sixth was never located.
The suspects talked to police about planning a "purge" event. The group had numerous weapons, including a golf club, an axe, a baseball bat, and a sword. Also, one of the suspects painted "purge" on two concrete walls in McEuen Field.
Jordan Evans, 19, was charged with Aggravated Assault, Obstructing a Police Officer, and Destruction of Evidence. Corey Scott, 19, was charged with Criminal Conspiracy, Obstructing a Police Officer, and Possession of Paraphernalia. The three others arrested are juveniles, charged with crimes including Aggravated Assault, Criminal Conspiracy, and Obstructing a Police Officer.
- Employee shot during armed robbery at north Spokane pot shop
- Missing Hayden man found dead off Highway 3
- Four arrested on drug charges in Orofino
- Ridpath Hotel offers affordable downtown housing
- SRHD and Spokane County Jail look to expand methadone treatment to more inmates
- Kootenai County first responders train for railroad emergency