KOOTENAI COUNTY, Idaho - Three people were sent to the hospital early Thursday morning after two vehicles drove into a large washout on Rimrock Road.
Deputies with the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office were called to the scene just after 3 a.m. on Rimrock Road at York Court, and found two vehicles had driven into the washout.
The sheriff's office determined a culvert under the road had failed due to heavy runoff and the road began to deteriorate. The main water line above it broke, washing out the entire width of the road. The gap is approximately ten feet across and eight feet deep.
Deputies found a Toyota Camry and Toyota Sienna had both driven into the hole. Clifton Mcmahon, 24, Melissa Ehrmantraut, 31, and Anthony Moreno, 47, were all transported to Kootenai Health for non-life threatening injuries.
Rimrock Road is closed between Lakeview Drive and Lancaster as crews repair the roadway.
The sheriff's office reports about 150 residents are currently without water. Other utilities may be affected.
- Potholes keeping Spokane crews busy
- Federal judge says he is inclined to let lawsuit proceed
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Stripper pleads guilty to running multi-state drug ring
- Study: Idaho natural gas and oil taxes below many states
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes