KOOSKIA, Idaho - A woman and young child are feared dead after a Boise man fell asleep while driving and his car went off U.S. Highway 12 in north-central Idaho and into the Lochsa River.
The crash happened at about 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Idaho State Police Sgt. Richard Adamson tells the Idaho Statesman that 29-year-old Boone Hallmark tried to free the woman and child from the car, but was swept out of the vehicle by the fast-moving water.
Hallmark was taken to the hospital in Grangeville and had been released by Wednesday afternoon.
Adamson says the river is running so fast that it's not yet safe for divers to check to see if the victims are still in the car. Their names have not been released.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River