BOISE, Idaho - Law enforcement agencies are searching for two men who escaped from the North Idaho Correctional Institution in Cottonwood.
The Idaho Department of Correction activated its Correctional Emergency Response Team when the inmates were discovered missing Saturday morning shortly after midnight.
Department spokesman Jeff Ray says searchers found footprints in the snow going away from the prison.
Authorities are looking for 20-year-old Caleb Joe Thomas and 21-year-old Ridge Scott Dains.
Thomas is 6-foot-1 and 186 pounds. He is white with a light complexion, and has blue eyes and brown hair. His criminal record includes first degree arson and grand theft.
Dains is 5-foot-1 and 140 pounds. He is white with a fair complexion, and has hazel eyes and brown hair. His criminal record includes burglary.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults