CULDESAC, Idaho - The Lewiston Fire Department says two men died and another was critically injured in a one-vehicle rollover crash near Culdesac, east of Lewiston.
Firefighters said the 1979 Dodge pickup was speeding when the driver lost control, causing the truck to roll just before 8 p.m. Thursday. It happened on Garden Gulch Road, near Cottonwood Creek Road.
James Sanford, 27, and Donovan Huth, 28, died at the scene. Thomas Alfrey Jr., 27, was in critical condition while being transported to a Lewiston hospital. He was upgraded to fair condition on Friday morning.
The Nez Perce County Major Collision Team and the Lewiston Police Major Collision Team are investigating the crash.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position