BONNERS FERRY, Idaho - A pipe bomb exploded outside the front door of a Bonners Ferry residence over the weekend, injuring two men.
Police Chief Bob Boone says 19-year-old Allen Avery was arrested on suspicion of possession of an explosive device.
Police received a call at 1:18 a.m. Sunday about the explosion. The two injured men said they opened the door, saw the pipe bomb and closed the door as it exploded. The two men were treated and released from the hospital.
Boone says an investigation by local, state and federal officials led to Avery's arrest.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line