HAYDEN, Idaho - A man is in Kootenai County Jail, after stealing two vehicles, leading police on a chase and crashing into a mobile home.
According to police, around 3 a.m. Friday, a Michael Roy MacKinnon, 19, of San Diego, stole a car near the Target on Government Way. About a half mile later, MacKinnon ditched the car for a truck that was carrying steel. He led police on a three mile chase down Government Way, turning on Hayden Avenue, according to the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office.
MacKinnon jumped out of the truck near Hayden Avenue and Juno Street, and it crashed into a mobile home trailer, said police.
He tried to run from Kootenai County deputies, but they caught up to him and MacKinnon was arrested.
Police said no one was injured or in the mobile home at the time of the crash.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River