COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - 13 cars piled up on each other in a crash on Highway 95 at Kathleen Avenue early Tuesday afternoon in Coeur d'Alene.
The northbound lanes of Highway 95 are shut down and traffic is being detoured around the crash at Bosanko Road. The southbound lanes are open and not affected by the crash.
Several people were injured in the crash, The extent of their injuries is not known.
There's no estimate on what time the vehicles will be cleared from the crash scene and the road reopened.
The Idaho State Police sent out the following statement, asking people to stay out of the area:
"The Idaho State Police is requesting the public to try and avoid the area of US95 near Bosanko and Kathleen in Coeur d'Alene, ID. There has been a multiple vehicle crash and it is blocking all northbound traffic at this time. If possible, find alternate routes and avoid this area. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation."
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods