POST FALLS, Idaho - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office is investigating a two vehicle crash that killed one person and injured another on Monday.
Around 3:20 p.m., officers responded to the intersection of W. Prairie Ave. and N. Pleasant View Rd.
Officers say a 1988 Jeep Cherokee was traveling northbound on Pleasant View Rd and crashed wint a 2001 Oldsmobile. Witnesses told officers that the Oldsmobile attempted to make a left turn from Prairie onto Pleasant View, pulling in front of the Jeep.
The driver of the Oldsmobile died at the scene. The driver of the Jeep was taken to the hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
The names of the drivers aren't being released until family is notified.
Drivers are asked to avoid the intersection until 7 p.m. Monday.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position