BONNERS FERRY, Idaho - Authorities in northern Idaho say a 62-year-old Washington state man has died in a snowmobile crash.
The name of the Colville resident who died Saturday has not been released.
Mike Nielsen of Priest Lake Search & Rescue tells the Coeur d'Alene Press the man was snowmobiling with friends and family when he failed to meet them at a rendezvous spot.
A member of the group searched for the man and found him under his snowmobile in the Camas Prairie area just across the Boundary County line.
Nielsen says it appears the man left the roadway and hit a snow bank, then went over the front the machine that landed on top of him.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car