MOSES LAKE, Wash. - At about 6:30 a.m. Saturday, Grant County Sheriff's deputies answered a call to a home panic alarm at the Harvest Manor mobile home park.
A deputy arrived a short time later and while investigating, saw through a window, a person holding a gun inside the home.
The deputy began yelling commands to the person. During that encounter, the deputy fired one shot from a department-issued sidearm. No one was injured.
The shooting is under investigation by the Columbia Basin Investigative Team. As with any officer involved shooting, the deputy, who will be identified at a future time, is on paid administrative leave pending outcome of the investigation.
- Thanksgiving travel tips for local flyers
- Holiday deals for the savvy consumer
- New details emerge in Medical Lake High School explicit photo drive
- Travel easier during the busiest holiday weekend in a decade
- Cantwell fights higher park fees
- Padden named ranking member on Senate Law and Justice committee