ELLENSBURG, Wash. - The Kittitas Reclamation District has been told it can't supply water to marijuana farms.
The district's lawyer told commissioners the Bureau of Reclamation, which is part of the Interior Department, won't permit the water to be used while growing the drug remains a federal crime.
The Daily Record reports the irrigation district's water comes from Yakima River Basin reservoirs.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured