SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The Spokane County Prosecutor's Office will not file criminal charges against a Spokane Valley Police deputy in the death of 15-year-old Ryan Holyk.
Evidence uncovered last year revealed that Deputy Joe Bodman's patrol vehicle likely did make contact with Holyk's head.
The Spokane County Prosecutor's Office looked into Negligent Driving Second Degree, Reckless Driving, and Vehicular Homicide statutes as well as reviewed the new evidence and an analysis of available defenses that could be used in trial and decided not to pursue criminal charges against Deputy Bodman.
Holyk's death in 2014 has caused some controversy in the community, some even questioned the investigation.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting