SPOKANE, Wash. - UPDATE: A suspect has not been arrested in the shooting, as investigators found no probable cause that a crime was committed
Witnesses have been interviewed, and investigators are trying to track down surveillance video of the area.
The deceased has been identified as 37-year-old Jason M. Pederson, who died of two gunshot wounds to the neck and abdomen.
The investigation is still ongoing.
Spokane Police detained a suspect in a downtown shooting Tuesday night.
Spokane Patrol Officers responded to 2nd and Post on report of a shooting just before 10 p.m.
While police were en route, the shooter called in to 911 and identified himself. He was on scene and cooperative when police arrived.
The firearm believed to be involved was accounted for.
Officers rendered first aid to the adult male who sustained the gunshot wound but he succumbed to his injuries before he was able to be transported to the hospital.
This investigation is ongoing.
- Thanksgiving travel tips for local flyers
- Holiday deals for the savvy consumer
- New details emerge in Medical Lake High School explicit photo drive
- Travel easier during the busiest holiday weekend in a decade
- Cantwell fights higher park fees
- Padden named ranking member on Senate Law and Justice committee