COLVILLE, Wash. - The Colville police officer who pleaded guilty to multiple charges including unlawful imprisonment with sexual motivation has been fired.
Colville officials confirmed Thursday that Rex Newport was, as of Tuesday, no longer employed with the Colville Police Department.
Newport is awaiting sentencing and will have to register as a sex offender for the next 10 years.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane