COLVILLE, Wash. - The Colville police officer who pleaded guilty to multiple charges including unlawful imprisonment with sexual motivation has been fired.
Colville officials confirmed Thursday that Rex Newport was, as of Tuesday, no longer employed with the Colville Police Department.
Newport is awaiting sentencing and will have to register as a sex offender for the next 10 years.
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land