SPOKANE, Wash. - The newest and smallest state ferry boat finally has a name.
The new Keller Ferry will be called the Sanpoil. That's the name of a river in the region, and was chosen by the state Transportation Commission.
The Keller Ferry crosses the Columbia River north of Wilbur.
The new vessel is under construction at the Foss Maritime shipyard in Rainier, Oregon. Later this fall, the parts will be trucked to the town of Grand Coulee and assembled.
The boat is expected to be launched next July and will replace the current vessel, the 64-year-old Martha S.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River