Overgrown weeds, garbage and notices posted on the front door are all things that make a home undesirable in many neighborhoods, and neighbors in the 500 block of Custer Road in the Spokane valley are dealing with three of them.
Squatters also pose a big problem, breaking windows and causing other damage.
But there is help that many people may not know about.
The Spokane Code Enforcement office says they receive about three calls a week about vacant homes with squatters in them, and are currently working to clean up 75 different properties.
To get a home on the list, you can visit the Code Enforcement office at city hall and fill out a request form. The form can also be downloaded at www.beautifyspokane.org and dropped off at any COPS shop.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane