Overgrown weeds, garbage and notices posted on the front door are all things that make a home undesirable in many neighborhoods, and neighbors in the 500 block of Custer Road in the Spokane valley are dealing with three of them.
Squatters also pose a big problem, breaking windows and causing other damage.
But there is help that many people may not know about.
The Spokane Code Enforcement office says they receive about three calls a week about vacant homes with squatters in them, and are currently working to clean up 75 different properties.
To get a home on the list, you can visit the Code Enforcement office at city hall and fill out a request form. The form can also be downloaded at www.beautifyspokane.org and dropped off at any COPS shop.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th