WAPATO, Wash. - Law enforcement officers are investigating a homicide that occurred near Wapato in the Yakima Valley.
The Yakima County Coroner's office says the victim is identified only as a Native American male who died from a single gunshot wound.
Coroner Jack Hawkins says an autopsy is planned for Tuesday.
Other details were not immediately available.
The Yakima Herald-Republic says the death brings the total number of homicides in Yakima County this year to 19.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017