SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office released the names of the deputies involved in an incident last week at the Motel 6 in the Spokane Valley.
The suspect in the incident, Michael Kruse, intentionally set fire to his room. He then ignored commands and moved toward deputies with a knife in his hand before the deputies fired their weapons. Kruse now faces arson charges and additional charges are expected as the investigation continues.
Deputies Nathan Booth, Jeff Getchell, Tyler Kullman, and Spenser Rassier were all involved.
The investigation of the incident is still ongoing.
- Thanksgiving travel tips for local flyers
- Holiday deals for the savvy consumer
- New details emerge in Medical Lake High School explicit photo drive
- Travel easier during the busiest holiday weekend in a decade
- Cantwell fights higher park fees
- Padden named ranking member on Senate Law and Justice committee