SPOKANE, Wash. - Murder suspect Issiah Schauman has been extradited back to Spokane to face a first-degree murder charge for the June 12 killing of Fabian McBride.
Schauman, 19, was extradited from Tacoma, where he was arrested on June 28.
He is being held in the Spokane County Jail on the first-degree murder charge for the June 12 murder of Fabian McBride, who was shot and killed near his home.
Detectives say that Schauman shot McBride after he was accused of burglarizing an apartment. When McBride confronted him, authorities say Schauman pulled out a gun and shot him.
"Witnesses did see Issiah drive up to the location where this took place, and Fabian approached the vehicle, the driver's side of the vehicle, witnesses were able to hear some sort of conversation. Then heard several gunshots, saw Fabian fall to the ground and Issiah drive off in his vehicle," Spokane County Sheriff's Deputy Craig Chamberlin during a June 19 interview.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River