SPOKANE, Wash. - A motorcyclist struck the side of a passenger car which was pulling out of a parking lot in Spokane Tuesday and did not survive the crash.
Spokane Police responded to reports of a crash in the 500 block of E. Holland Avenue at 11:30 a.m. Police learned that the motorcycle was heading west on E. Holland Avenue, and hit the side of a car pulling out of a parking lot on the north side of the roadway. Spokane Fire and Spokane Police responded to the scene, but the driver of the motorcycle succumbed to their injuries and died.
The driver of the car cooperated with the investigation. There was no indication that impairment was a factor. The roadway was closed for several hours during the investigation, which is ongoing.
Spokane Police would like to remind drivers to be watchful for pedestrians, motorcycles, and bicyclists near the roadway.
If you witnessed the crash, and have not already been contacted, you are asked to call Crime Check at (509) 456-2233.
The identity of the driver of the motorcycle has not yet been released.
- Kootenai County deputies arrest US Marshall fugitive for drug trafficking
- Ephrata man dies after collision near Quincy
- Man dead after fatal crash on US 95
- Ballots for November elections sent out
- Pot convictions could disappear for Kettle Falls Five
- Spokane Symphony honors the donors who kept the Fox Theater alive