MOSES LAKE, Wash. - Lakeview Terrace Elementary School in Moses Lake and a few surrounding day cares were placed on lockdown Wednesday morning as police and the SWAT team executed a warrant.
According to Kyle Foreman with the Grant County Sheriff's Office, police placed the school and daycare on lockdown as a precaution because they were not sure how the situation would go.
He said the SWAT team took one suspect into custody. No one was hurt and there is no longer a threat.
Details are limited at this time, but Foreman said the warrant is related to a crime that happened early Wednesday morning. He could not provide any details about the crime at this time.
Foreman said the school and day cares will no longer be on lockdown when police clear the scene.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line