MOSES LAKE, Wash. - The Moses Lake Police Department confirms one of their officers was involved in a fatal shooting Monday evening.
The shooting happened during their response to a disturbance in the 2000 block of South Belair Drive. It is unclear at this time what prompted the officer to fire his weapon.
The suspect, identified by police as James Eshelman, 54, was transported to Samaritan Hospital, where he later died.
The officer involved in the shooting has been placed on paid administrative leave.
An autopsy on Eshelman is scheduled to be performed on Jan. 2.
The Columbia Basin Investigating Team has taken over the investigation.
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump