MOSES LAKE, Wash. - The Moses Lake Police Department confirms one of their officers was involved in a fatal shooting Monday evening.
The shooting happened during their response to a disturbance in the 2000 block of South Belair Drive. It is unclear at this time what prompted the officer to fire his weapon.
The suspect, identified by police as James Eshelman, 54, was transported to Samaritan Hospital, where he later died.
The officer involved in the shooting has been placed on paid administrative leave.
An autopsy on Eshelman is scheduled to be performed on Jan. 2.
The Columbia Basin Investigating Team has taken over the investigation.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time