MOSCOW, Idaho - Cassie Lewis of Moscow was named Miss Idaho USA 2017 on Saturday.
Lewis graduated from Colfax High School in 2009.
In a press release sent to KXLY4, Lewis describes her greatest joy as "being a mentor to young women through a local high school scholarship program she has worked with for the past 6 years."
Lewis aims to use her title to help young people follow their dreams.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March