MOSCOW, Idaho - A 38-year-old northern Idaho woman who police say doused her husband with gasoline and stabbed him in the face has been charged with felony domestic battery in the presence of a child.
The Moscow-Pullman Daily News reports that Mary E. Moore was charged Monday in 2nd District Court, with a preliminary hearing set for Thursday.
Police said on Saturday, Moore came into the bedroom with a butcher knife and a can of gasoline and approached her husband of three months, who was on the bed. The couple had reportedly been fighting about keeping the trailer clean.
Police said she covered his legs with fuel and lit a piece of paper near him. He did not require hospitalization.
Authorities said three children were in the home at the time.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home