MOSCOW, Idaho - A 22-year-old Moscow man lost several fingers when he tried to ignite a homemade pipe bomb in Latah County Wednesday night.
Sheriff's deputies say the man and his brother drove out to Darby Road just north of town to set off a six-inch PVC pipe bomb that the victim packed with gunpowder.
The device detonated in the man's hand and the brothers then called 911 and drove to Gritman Medical Center in Moscow in their own vehicle.
Deputies are investigating the incident and plan to refer the case to the Latah County prosecutor's office for possible charges.
The identities of the two men have not been released.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River