MISSOULA, Mont. - In a recent review, the Department of Veterans Affairs Montana Health Care System ranked high in patient satisfaction but came in near the bottom for patient wait times and employee satisfaction.
The Missoulian reports that in a March review by the VA inspector general, VA Montana scored 51st in patient satisfaction out of 128 facilities.
However, the report ranked the Montana VA in the bottom eight in wait times for specialty care, primary care and mental health treatment. The system was ranked in the bottom three in employee satisfaction.
VA Montana Congressional liaison Gail Wilkerson said the system is taking steps to address the deficiencies, but is awaiting results from a national audit to address wait times.
VA Montana saw 30,270 unique visitors during the last fiscal year with 193,870 outpatient visits.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting