MISSOULA, Mont. - In a recent review, the Department of Veterans Affairs Montana Health Care System ranked high in patient satisfaction but came in near the bottom for patient wait times and employee satisfaction.
The Missoulian reports that in a March review by the VA inspector general, VA Montana scored 51st in patient satisfaction out of 128 facilities.
However, the report ranked the Montana VA in the bottom eight in wait times for specialty care, primary care and mental health treatment. The system was ranked in the bottom three in employee satisfaction.
VA Montana Congressional liaison Gail Wilkerson said the system is taking steps to address the deficiencies, but is awaiting results from a national audit to address wait times.
VA Montana saw 30,270 unique visitors during the last fiscal year with 193,870 outpatient visits.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force