MEDICAL LAKE, Wash. - On Thursday, the Spokane County Medical Examiner identified the woman whose body was found off Waterfront Park in Medical Lake.
The victim, Jazmin Torres, 36, was found by a Medical Lake city employee Tuesday morning. The first deputy that arrived at the scene found Torres' body in 12 feet of water offshore, got her ashore and started to do CPR when he realized she was deceased; medics arrived a short time later and pronounced her dead.
Torres was wearing a tank top and shorts; there was a duffel bag found on the beach and a car parked in the parking lot that deputies were investigating.
The Medical Examiner did confirm that Torres' cause of death was drowning. However, her manner of death is pending and they won't know whether the drowning was accidental or not for a few months.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho