MEDICAL LAKE, Wash. - On Thursday, the Spokane County Medical Examiner identified the woman whose body was found off Waterfront Park in Medical Lake.
The victim, Jazmin Torres, 36, was found by a Medical Lake city employee Tuesday morning. The first deputy that arrived at the scene found Torres' body in 12 feet of water offshore, got her ashore and started to do CPR when he realized she was deceased; medics arrived a short time later and pronounced her dead.
Torres was wearing a tank top and shorts; there was a duffel bag found on the beach and a car parked in the parking lot that deputies were investigating.
The Medical Examiner did confirm that Torres' cause of death was drowning. However, her manner of death is pending and they won't know whether the drowning was accidental or not for a few months.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River