SPOKANE, Wash. - A 26-year-old man is in custody tonight after stealing a Spokane County Sheriff's Deputy's patrol car during a foot pursuit near 57th and Regal on the South Hill Thursday night.
Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies, Air 1 and a K9 unit were all called out to help in the search.
Deputy Craig Chamberlin confirmed to KXLY that suspected car thief Taylor Davis doubled back during a foot pursuit and took off in the car. He abandoned it a block away at 56th and continued on foot, but did not damage the car or take any of the weapons inside.
He was taken into custody in the backyard of a home near Myrtle and Julia after neighbors called to report a suspicious individual.
Davis has an extensive criminal history and multiple felony warrants for his arrest.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home