TACOMA, Wash. - As Washington prepares to open retail stores for recreational marijuana, the military is reminding service members that pot is still off limits.
Members of the military face criminal charges and career-ending discipline if caught with a substance banned by the federal government.
The News Tribune reports the new Washington state law does not change Defense Department policy.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord carries out urine testing on active duty, Reserve and National Guard soldiers.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line