SPOKANE, Wash. - One person is dead following a house fire in northeast Spokane.
The fire started shortly before 10 a.m. Tuesday in a single-wide trailer home which sits several houses back from Julia Street.
Fire officials said one person lives in the home. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames fairly quickly finding one person deceased inside.Manufactured home fire kills one
"At this time they've completed and all clear. Done a primary search and a secondary search and we only have one victim," Doug Bleeker, deputy chief for Fire District 9, said.
The medical examiner will now work to determine the cause of death for the resident of the home. That resident has not been identified publicly, though their next of kin has been notified.
Fire investigators said the cause of the fire has yet to be determined and a full report will still be days away. The fire does not appear to be suspicious.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car