KENNEWICK, Wash. - A Benton County judge has ruled that a man who killed his grandmother in Kennewick is insane and should spend the rest of his life in a state psychiatric hospital.
29-year-old Adam Ryan Williams had entered a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity to one count of first degree murder in the January death of 87-year-old Viola Williams. He contended God sent a light directing him to kill his grandmother.
The Tri-City Herald reports that Williams was sentenced on Thursday in Benton County Superior Court.
This is the second time Williams has been sent to Eastern State Hospital in Medical Lake after being found not guilty by reason of insanity. He went there for a 2006 assault case and spent the maximum five years allowed for that charge.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River