EVERETT, Wash. - A young man who shot and killed three people at a house party near Seattle in July has pleaded guilty, one day before a prosecutor was to announce his decision on whether to seek the death penalty.
Investigators said Allen Ivanov attacked the July 30 gathering in Mukilteo because he was upset that his former girlfriend seemed to be moving on after their breakup.
The Daily Herald newspaper of Everett reports the 20-year-old pleaded guilty Monday to three counts of aggravated first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder, for wounding two other victims.
Snohomish County Superior Court Judge Janice Ellis set sentencing for Jan. 12. Aggravated murder is punishable only by life in prison without release or execution.
Ivanov was charged with the killings of Anna Bui, Jacob Long and Jordan Ebner, who were all 19.
Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldnet.com
- Man found dead in downtown Spokane parking lot
- Riverfront Park construction progresses
- Study shows Spokane Police Department needs more officers
- Mom of son with rare disease says healthcare decision is about more than 'politics'
- Summer thunderstorms leave a mess for some residents around region
- Airman found dead in dorm at Fairchild