SPOKANE, Wash. - A man charged with sexually assaulting children he was hired to babysit was sentenced to a minimum of 23 years, 9 months in prison Wednesday.
47-year-old Troy L. Steenhard was sentenced after a jury found him guilty of Rape of a Child 1st Degree and two counts of Child Molestation 1st Degree on July 7.
Steenhard was originally arrested after a 2-month long investigation on February 14.
The investigation began in December 2016, after the Spokane County Sheriff's Office received reports that he had sexually abused two young children he was hired to babysit.
According to court documents, one of the young children told her mother: “Troy's a bad man. Troy touched us in our privates.”
- Coeur d'Alene's 26th Annual Holiday Light Show begins on Friday
- No-Li Brewhouse prepares for FrostFest
- Some Spokane shoppers trade Thanksgiving meals for holiday deals
- Inmates build a better future at Geiger Corrections Center
- Red Lion Hotels builds life-size gingerbread house
- Spokane seniors receive Thanksgiving meals and cheer