Spokane Valley Sheriff's Deputies responded to a vehicle vs. pedestrian collision on Sprague Avenue near Pines Road around 6 p.m. Wednesday night.
According to witnesses a 23-year-old male was waiting for the bus on the north side of Sprague when he ran across both lanes of traffic in an attempt to reach the other side.
A vehicle traveling eastbound on Sprague struck the pedestrian on the driver's side.
The 43-year-old driver is cooperating with police and it does appear that he was impaired in any way.
The pedestrian was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity