SPOKANE, Wash. - A man is in serious condition at a local hospital after police say he was stabbed by his step-grandson.
According to Spokane police, the stabbing happened at West Dean and North Elm in the West Central neighborhood around 11 p.m. Thursday.
Police said Joel Orevallo, 21, was involved in an ongoing dispute with his 56-year-old step-grandfather.
According to police, Orevallo slashed his grandfather's truck tires and then forced open grandfather's apartment door. Orevallo got into an argument with his grandfather and stabbed him in the chest while he was laying in bed. Someone in the house called 911 and Orevallo ran away.
Police used K-9 units to track him down a short distance away.
Orevallo was arrested and charged with two felonies: suspicion of first degree burglary and first-degree assault.
Orevallo's grandfather is expected to live. Police said they do not know the motive for the attack.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults