DEER PARK, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office arrested a man suspected of shooting another man in the stomach in Deer Park on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident happened at 27142 N Dalton Rd. just before 5 p.m.
Officers say the two men were pushing and shoving each other when one man, identified as 60-year-old Daniel Early, pulled out a gun and fired a couple of rounds, one of them striking the victim. Deputies believe the dispute between the men was over drugs.
The Early then left the scene and returned to his home. He then called 911 to report that he had been assaulted by the victim.
He provided his location and deputies quickly responded and arrested him.
The victim was airlifted to the hospital via Life Flight in serious condition. He's expected to survive.
There's no danger to the community.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017