MOSCOW, Idaho - A 29-year-old Moscow man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for a rollover crash that killed a pregnant woman and led to her child being born prematurely in critical condition.
The Moscow-Pullman Daily News reports that 29-year-old Sean O'Laughlin was sentenced Friday in 2nd District Court. O'Laughlin must serve two years before he's eligible for parole.
Police say O'Laughlin was traveling twice the speed limit in July 2011 when he lost control on a curve. Keesha DeGraw was ejected and later died at Gritman Medical Center after doctors delivered her child.
O'Laughlin must also pay $20,000 in restitution for the child's medical expenses.
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA
- Civic Theatre actor sentenced to prison for child molestation