KENNEWICK, Wash. - A man who says he is Jesus Christ was sentenced Tuesday in Benton County Superior Court to more than three years in prison for spitting on a corrections officer last July while being held in jail in Kennewick.
Brandon Vanwinkle represented himself and was convicted Nov. 8 of custodial assault.
The Tri-City Herald reports the 34-year-old Lacey man was given the maximum sentence because of a criminal record that includes eight felony convictions.
Vanwinkle said he has been conducting a 16-year undercover investigation of the court and jail system and uses methamphetamine to watch how people work. He also referred to Rip Van Winkle as his father and Christina Aguilera as his wife.
He told the judge and jail staff he would sentence them in Jesus Christ's court.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives