SPOKANE, Wash. - Troopers said a man was speeding on Second Avenue when he rolled his car onto Interstate 90, causing an SUV to crash into him.
The crash happened around 11 p.m. Saturday.
Washington State Patrol troopers said Daniel Wessels, 27, was driving a 2013 Chevrolet Impala west on Second Avenue, when he lost control at Thor Street. The car rolled down an embankment and into the right-hand lane of eastbound I-90.
An SUV that was driving on I-90 hit the Impala.
Wessels was transported to Deaconess Medical Center with unknown injuries.
Troopers said drugs and/or alcohol was a factor in the crash.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car