MOSES LAKE, Wash. - The Grant County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that a male employee of Genie Industries in Moses Lake was killed in a work-related industrial accident Tuesday night.
At approximately 7:25 p.m., deputies responded to Genie Industries, after a large piece of equipment fell and trapped the victim by his head.
Workers and medical staff were able to free the piece of equipment and the victim was transported to Samaritan Hospital in Moses Lake, where he was pronounced dead.
Late Wednesday afternoon the victim was identified as 31-year-old Mike Huntley.
The Department of Labor and Industries will be investigating the mishap, with assistance from the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Genie is a leading manufacturer of lifting equipment, such as lifts, booms and platforms.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults