BONNERS FERRY, Idaho - An Idaho grand jury has indicted a man for setting fire to a Bonners Ferry Catholic Church.
The indictment, handed up Wednesday, accuses Shane Ryan Rucker of burning St. Anne's Catholic Church on April 21, 2016. He's charged with Church Arson and Use of Fire to Commit a Federal Felony.
The fire burned church to the ground, a shock to the 153 parish families and to the community. The church is currently raising money to rebuild.
Rucker has a history of crimes in the area including burglary and drug charges.
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone