BONNERS FERRY, Idaho - An Idaho grand jury has indicted a man for setting fire to a Bonners Ferry Catholic Church.
The indictment, handed up Wednesday, accuses Shane Ryan Rucker of burning St. Anne's Catholic Church on April 21, 2016. He's charged with Church Arson and Use of Fire to Commit a Federal Felony.
The fire burned church to the ground, a shock to the 153 parish families and to the community. The church is currently raising money to rebuild.
Rucker has a history of crimes in the area including burglary and drug charges.
- McMorris Rodgers' telephone town hall suffers technical difficulties
- Melting snow flooding storage units in Deer Park
- Water run-off causes flooding in Spokane homes
- Group protests "Coffee with Cathy" meeting
- Friends of Coulee City twins react to violent killing
- McMorris Rodgers talks Trump, Obamacare repeal