MOSES LAKE, Wash. - A SWAT situation ended with one man in custody early Friday morning in Grant County.
A Grant County sheriff's gang unit originally went to apprehend 23-year-old Sergio Herrera Jiron at the Harvest Mobile Home Park in Moses Lake around 9 p.m. Thursday. Jiron had a felony warrant for failing to appear on a delivery of a controlled substance charge.
When they arrived, Jiron refused to come out and barricaded himself inside his trailer.
A SWAT team was called out and they attempted to negotiate with the suspect.
After hours with no results, the SWAT team deployed flash bangs and gas canisters into the trailer. When they entered they found Jiron hiding in his clothes dryer.
Jiron still refused to comply with officers and was shot with rubber bullets.
Jiron is now in custody.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River