SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office confirms two people are in custody in connection with the murder of a Spokane woman.
The people arrested in connection were the killing were Juan Sifuentez on a charge of second degree murder, and Rachael Colby on a charge of rendering criminal assistance.
According to the Spokane County medical Examiner's Office, Latanya Chapin was killed by blunt and sharp head and neck injuries and neck compression.
KXLY sources say Chapin was last seen on February 24 as she was heading out of town. Relatives say Chapin loved the outdoors and would often take trips to the mountains. When relatives didn't hear from her on her daughters birthday, they began to worry. Chapin was reported missing on March 7th.
Colby is Chapin's daughter.
Sheriff's deputies were looking for a vehicle they suspected was involved in the disappearance and it was found Friday morning at 12:30 at the Richard Allen Court Apartments in Spokane. The victim's body was found in the vehicle's trunk.
Sifuentez and Colby were arrested Friday; both are in custody and should be making their first court appearances on Monday.
Detectives, as a part of their investigation into Chapin's killing, were searching a storage unit in Millwood Friday afternoon.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line